Saturday, September 10, 2011

Stake Conference

I love our stake presidency. Tonight was the adult session of stake conference. The last few times the stake presidency has done something unusual - and tonight was no different. Tonight they taught us how to ponder....

President Lee introduced the steps to pondering the scriptures:
1. Visualize - see it happening... How did they feel? How would I feel? Where would I be if I were in there?
2. Pull out the principles from the story.
3. Receive revelation about those principles - What about that? I need to... What is to be done?

We went through a few scripture stories - Alma the younger, The battles in the Book of Mormon, and Numbers 13-14 (when Moses sends spies into Cannan). Then we figured out the principles and received the revelation. Literally - we. They pass around the microphones and we share our thoughts. It's like a stake discussion lead by the Stake Presidency. I love them! They are so inspired and follow that inspiration! It is so wonderful to know that they are leaders. I trust them and love them. I feel like I know each one personally. We have such a good stake. It feels so good. As I look back growing up, it kind of felt like I was going through the motions. Go to church, go to stake conference, take notes, go home and go back to doing what I was doing before. Now as I sit here, thinking about this evening, I think - I didn't realize church could be this good. I just feel so alive when I am surrounded by the people in our ward and in our stake.
So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment